Sunday, March 27, 2011

Something Good is Going to Happen to You

Dried-up? Feeling drained? Ahuh?

Below is a short but meaningful, song I got from Bo Sanchez, inspiring me when things are not that great . . .
the photos I took when I visited Jerusalem . . .

When my brook runs dry
And the tears come by
When my heart aches and I don't know why
When the storms lash through all my days
And the wind blows from every way
I shall look up
Miracles are on the way I know
Miracles are on the way
I see the God of miracles
I know, miracles are on the way.

The song has something to do with the prophet Elijah, when the brook that was nourishing him dried up, then God sent a widow.

To read more about the interesting story of the widow and Elijah (c/o Child Bible Story Online) please click:

Widow of Zarephath


PART II of the Story of the Widow
(
1 Kings 17:7-24, c/o BellaOnline)

One miracle, even a big one, doesn’t necessarily mean a life without struggles. God requires continued faith.

Sometime later the widow’s son became ill, grew worse and worse and finally stopped breathing. In her anguish, the widow wondered if the prophet’s presence in her house had attracted God’s attention to her sin and had drawn His anger. Elijah took her son and carried him to the upper room where he was staying. He was also wondering why God had allowed this tragedy as he stretched himself out over the boy three times and cried to God to return the boy to life. God answered Elijah’s prayer and the boy lived. This miracle not only saved the boy’s life, but also his mother’s, since a widow’s only hope was to have a son to provide for her in her old age. As Elijah returned the boy to his mother, this Phoenician woman confirmed that she believed the word of God was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment