Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Prayer of the Heart

The Jesus Prayer . . . the prayer of the heart . . .

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

When I arise in the morning, it starts me joyfully upon a new day. When I travel by air, land, or sea, it sings within my breast When I stand upon a platform and face my listeners, it beats encouragement. When I gather my children around me, it murmurs a blessing. And at the end of a weary day, when I lay me down to rest, I give my heart over to Jesus: "(Lord) into thy hands I commend my spirit". I sleep--but my heart as it beats prays on: "JESUS."
H.R.H. Princess Ileana of Romania

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner, . . .
From the book "The Way of a Pilgrim and the Pilgrim Continues His Way"
The photo I took (in such awe) when I visited the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment