Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My "Whoa Horse" Experience in Petra

Petra, that was what they say we were going that day. All I know was that we should be wearing something light and preferably with sleeves because it was going to be warm out there.

Our guide said that we can have a horse ride for 3 dollars as tip for the guide. We should not pay more than this.

When my kind co-pilgrim, sister Jane, suggested we ride a horse, I said yes, why not. We were being asked 5 dollars each horse. Of course we insisted on just 3 dollars each.

Finally, the guide gave in. So we rode our horses with a guide each holding on to the reign of the horse. However, in about 5 seconds, my guide left me. It seems that there will only be one guide for the two horses. 'Twas okay for another 5 seconds, but soon I am left behind and the first horse was way ahead of me and my horse.

My horse did not know what to do or where to go and that goes for me as well. We were a "confused item". Some of the people walking instructed me to kick the sides of the horse with my feet. I did lightly. The horse got irritated and started to move his head and shake it. It was clear. He doesn't like my driving.

A good-hearted man saw my situation and got the reign of the horse. He started pulling it and viola, he is my instant guide.



I was a little embarrassed, but am afraid I can't make the horse move by myself. My savior was named Jack. He's from the U.S. He said it's okay, since we were both heading in the same direction.

It was a sacrifice on his part because Mr. Sun is a little cruel at the moment, bringing in his heat at the max. Worse is that the horse is really slow in covering the distance.

Thanks so much to Jack, I got to the destination point. I know the Lord will be the one to repay him for his good deed. I am grateful He sent Jack just like the time He sent another Jack to me in a similar predicament in Malaysia. That is on another post.

To meet the other Jack, click Jack of Malaysia.

So do not get tired of doing good, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment