Monday, October 25, 2010

Multiply Graces Instead Of Anxieties

Yes, this one fits my top 10 . . .

From this Holy Land trip, I pick this place as my top 6, mainly because of what I did here. Standing on the rocky shore of Kinneret (or Lake of Gennesaret or Lake of Tiberias or better known as the Sea of Galilee), I threw a reasonably-sized stone to the water, symbolizing the act of giving all my cares to God.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your worries upon Him for He cares for you.

My friend "kumpare", a co-pilgrim, recorded the ritual so I have the privilege of watching it again when my worry-wart alter-ego surfaces.



Tabgha is an area situated on the north-western shore of the Sea of Galilee in Israel. It is the traditional site of the miracle of the multiplication of the loaves and fishes (Mark 6:30-46) and the resurrection appearance of Jesus in Christianity.

According to tradition this is the spot where Jesus is said to have laid out a breakfast of bread and fish for the Apostles, and told Peter to "Feed my sheep", after the miraculous catch, the third time he appeared to them after his resurrection (John 21:1 - 24).

Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment