Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Drowning in Graces Through An Old Ritual

Off to Yardenit to renew our baptismal vows through a memorable ritual at a Baptismal Site at the Jordan River.

Note however that this is not actually the exact spot at the Jordan River, where our Lord Jesus was baptized by St. John the Baptist. That is in another site (a separate post on this).

Here, each of us decides whether to have water poured on our head by Father Titus, our pilgrimage priest, or do a full immersion performed together with our pilgrimage leader, Bro. Bo Sanchez.

All of us wore a white gown over our clothes and held a lighted candle.

I went down to the site and went in to the water. Initially, the water level was just covering my feet, then up to my knees and then up to my waist.

I opted for "full immersion". It was worth the experience. I may not walk this path again, might as well make the most of it.

Thanks too to Bro. Bo for this one!

With Fely, Jaimie, Job and Pin

No comments:

Post a Comment